Before anything else, Echo Custom Homes focuses on having a complete and open communication with all of our clients. We want to know exactly what your wants and needs are so we can aim to give you the home you will love. We also believe it is essential for the homeowner to be kept up to date with the building process and to know the future planning schedule.
We have created a basic guide below to better explain the build process.
1. The List… Come up with a list of wants and needs. Bring together as many images as you can that will show a visual example of what your personal home should look and feel like.
2. The Meeting… Lets bring the minds together and talk more about your project. Let us ask questions and also hear directly what your ideas are. A little stimulated conversation about building your home can help surface ideas you might never knew existed.
3. The Land…
a. If you have land, then let us come out and review your lot and get a feel for home layout options and lot prep.
b. If you don’t have land yet but have a few lots in mind this would be the time to allow us to come out and do a lot review same as above. Here we will also be able to figure in the “Cost” to build to see if these lots will fit with your overall desired budget.
4. The Financing… Here you will reach out to a few bankers to find a construction loan program that fits you best. We have a few great referrals as well if needed.
5. The Contract…
a. We are now ready to move forward with a builder services agreement which will allow us to dive into your project. Here we will develop your plans, soil test and final budget.
b. Now that we have everything in place and approved we will move into a fixed price contract which will allow us to move forward with your custom home project.
6. The Selections… Now that we have started with the construction side of your project it is now time to make design selections. This is where you will get to meet with a design consultant and make the homes distinct character come together.
7. The Construction… During this phase the home will becoming a visual reality. We will have several progress meetings along the way to keep you in the loop about your home.
8. The Move In… After final walks and any final corrections you will now be able to go to close and take the keys to your brand new Echo Custom Home… Congratulations!
The above information is provided to give a “general feel” of the over all build experience.